Lunes, Hulyo 15, 2013

A Little Bit of Inspiration

ABC News achor Dan Kloeffer came out while on air. He wrote, "...For the same reason that Zach decided to come out, I too, no longer wanted to hide this part of my life," the 35-year-old Kloeffler wrote. "There have been too many tragic endings and too many cases of bullying because of intolerance...as a journalist, I don't want to be the story, but as a gay man I don't want to stand silent if I can offer some inspiration or encouragement to kids that might be struggling with who they are."
The singer's sexuality was a hot topic while performing on American Idol, but Lambert didn't come out until after the competition had wrapped. Lambert came out in the June 2009 issue of Rolling Stone. Lambert said, "Right after the finale [of "AI"], I almost started talking about it to the reporters, but I thought, 'I'm going to wait for Rolling Stone, that will be cooler,'... I didn't want the Clay Aiken thing and the celebrity-magazine bullshit. I need to be able to explain myself in context."

Emmy winner Chris Colfer is openly gay and plays openly gay character Kurt Hummel on Glee. While appearing on Chelsea Lately on Dec. 3, 2009, the actor publicly acknowledged being gay.

In a bold move, the boy band heartthrob came out at the age of 27 on the 2006 cover of People magazine with the headline: "I'm Gay." He said he struggled with coming out while in 'N Sync, "I knew that I was in this popular band and I had four other guys' careers in my hand, and I knew that if I ever acted on it or even said (that I was gay), it would overpower everything." Since coming out, Bass has been an advocate of gay rights and gay marriage.

Former Grey's Anatomy star T.R. Knight came out of the closet after allegedly overhearing his co-star Isaiah Washington make a homosexual slur on set in October 2007. On Oct. 19, 2007, the actor came out in a statement to People, "I guess there have been a few questions about my sexuality, and I'd like to quiet any unnecessary rumors that may be out there." He added, "While I prefer to keep my personal life private, I hope the fact that I'm gay isn't the most interesting part of me."

Star Trek star Zachary Quinto came out as gay in a profile in New York magazine. In the feature, the actor referred to himself as a "gay man."

Matt Bomer. A national tragedy for all heterosexual women that he is gay. You lucky gay men.

This is a partial list of confirmed famous people who were or are gaylesbian or bisexual. Famous people who are simply rumored to be gay, lesbian or bisexual, are not listed. The historical concept and definition of sexual orientation varies and has changed greatly over time; for example the word "gay" wasn't used to describe sexual orientation until the mid 20th century. A number of different classification schemes have been used to describe sexual orientation since the mid-19th century, and scholars have often defined the term "sexual orientation" in divergent ways. Indeed, several studies have found that much of the research about sexual orientation has failed to define the term at all, making it difficult to reconcile the results of different studies.[1][2][3]However, most definitions include a psychological component (such as the direction of an individual's erotic desire) and/or a behavioural component (which focuses on the sex of the individual's sexual partner/s). Some prefer to simply follow an individual's self-definition or identity. See homosexuality and bisexuality for criteria that have traditionally denoted lesbian, gay and bisexual (LGB) people.
The high prevalence of people from the West on this list may be due to societal attitudes toward homosexuality. The Pew Research Center's 2003 Global Attitudes Survey found that "[p]eople in Africa and the Middle East strongly object to societal acceptance of homosexuality. But there is far greater tolerance for homosexuality in major Latin American countries such as Mexico, Argentina, Bolivia and Brazil. Opinion in Europe is split between West and East. Majorities in every Western European nation surveyed say homosexuality should be accepted by society, while most Russians, Poles and Ukrainians disagree. Americans are divided–a narrow majority (51 percent) believes homosexuality should be accepted, while 42 percent disagree.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento